Four Seasons Hualalai
ISLAND OF HAWAII
In a Nutshell:
Situated on the sunny North Kona coast of Hawaii Island, where the lava fields meet the deep blue Pacific Ocean, the Four Seasons Hualalai is perfectly integrated with its surroundings. Think lush tropical gardens accented with hulks of volcanic rock and saltwater ponds. Accommodations are arranged in four ocean-facing crescents (each with a different feel) and a golf course-adjacent row.
The resort is very family-friendly, with loads to keep kids occupied, from instructor-led snorkel expeditions to video game stations, but if you’re craving quiet time, request a room in Palm Grove, an adults-only crescent with a swim-up bar in the pool.
EDITOR'S TIP: Book a lomi lomi massage at the beautiful spa. Lomi lomi is an ancient Hawaiian healing technique incorporating long rhythmic strokes, producing one of the best massages of my life.
The Style: Beachy Luxe, with a Hawaiian twist
Why We Love It:
- The award-winning restaurant ‘Olu Ocean Grill & Sushi Lounge uses ingredients cultivated on-site, including kale, mango, vanilla, and chili peppers. Even shrimp and oysters!
- The total tranquillity of the spa. Make sure you get there a little before your treatment to enjoy the steam room, sauna, and outdoor cold plunge, and don’t leave without visiting the tropical garden relaxation area complete with a reflexology stream (pebbles set into the floor massage your feet as you paddle).
- Physical activities galore, including reformer pilates and yoga classes, tennis and basketball courts, bocce, a climbing wall, and even a golf course that hosts the PGA tour.
- A visit to the on-site cultural center – open daily for ukulele lessons, shell craft, feather art, Hawaiian language lessons, star navigation classes, and more – will tie your entire Hawaii experience together.
The Unmissable Experience:
Make sure you visit the King’s Pond: an ocean-fed natural aquarium home to 4000 fish and one friendly ray. Grab a snorkel, mask, and flippers from the attendant and dive in.
Perks When You Book Through Us:
- Daily full American breakfast
- Food and beverage credit of $100
- Room upgrade of one category (based on availability)
(*perks are subject to change)
All photos courtesy of the Four Seasons Hualalai
* Our stay was provided by Four Seasons Hualalai as part of a press trip to Hawaii