Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
In a Nutshell:
Located 40 minutes south of Cancún International Airport, Rosewood Mayakoba offers a luxurious environment perfect for couples and families. All Suites (more accurately described as private villas) were recently updated and each is outfitted with indoor/outdoor showers, plunge pools, and serene sitting areas. Rooms are either situated on a beautiful, private lagoon or along the beach. The resort has bikes or chaperoned golf carts and even boats to get you from your room to any destination on property.
EDITOR'S TIP: Your personal butler will offer to unpack your suitcase for you. It's a lovely service for those who hate dealing with luggage after a long journey.
The Style: A trendy aesthetic with neutral hues and lots of wood and rattan
Why We Love It:
- The kids club is renowned, and there are countless activities available throughout the day and night for kids of all ages.
- While it’s luxurious and there’s a feel exclusivity, it’s also authentic and incredibly calming
- The vibe is casual, service is excellent, the amenities are first-rate, and the food – led by Exec Chef, Juan Pablo Loza – is awesome.
The Unmissable Experience:
Dinner at La Ceiba is totally worth it. The food, wine, and tequila options are unreal and the atmosphere is convivial.
Perks When You Book Through Us:
- Upgrade upon arrival (subject to availability)
- Daily Buffet breakfast for two guests per bedroom
- $100 USD Equivalent Spa Services credit, to be utilized during stay (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Welcome mezcal
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- 4th night free through December 19th 2020
(*perks are subject to change)
All photos courtesy of Rosewood Mayakoba