Inn at Perry Cabin
St Michaels, Maryland, USA
In a Nutshell:
Inn at Perry Cabin is one of those places which manages to marry its history (the building dates back to the early 1800s, when it was a manor house owned by a navy veteran who fought in the Battle of Lake Erie) with its modern purpose as a luxurious and beautifully appointed hotel. Expect original architectural features and nautical decor with clean design and sumptuous furnishings. Do the gleaming white exterior and immaculate lawn look kind of familiar? That’s probably because the 2005 movie, “Wedding Crashers,” was shot here.
One of the hotel’s biggest selling points is its waterfront location. Beautifully tended-to gardens hide romantic swinging benches, and adirondack chairs are perfectly positioned for views of the glittering river. Sit in the shade of a huge tree and watch distant fishing boats glide by while cicadas and gulls serenade you.
EDITOR'S TIP: Newly installed “Houses” (think little converted greenhouses with AC) provide a private dining experience for couples or small groups. Book one for dinner and enjoy table service by candlelight, complete with waterfront views. It’s a genuinely lovely solution to pandemic mealtimes.
The Style: Historic property steeped in maritime tradition, with a modern and luxurious update
Why We Love It:
- The location. It’s right on the water in St Michaels, a pretty, pastel-hued town full of boutiques, specialty stores, and seafood restaurants.
- Delicious seafood-centric pre-fixe dinner menu at STARS restaurant. Try the no-filler crab cakes (a Maryland classic) and the lobster ravioli (the best version of the dish we’ve ever eaten).
- Guests can borrow a kayak or stand-up paddle board and glide over to a secret little beach, nearby. You can also book a lesson if you want to brush up on your skills.
- The pool. There’s plenty of space to spread out, and the bar serves a killer frozen piña colada.
The Unmissable Experience:
The Inn has its own fleet of boats, available to charter throughout your stay. Sail over to the Chesapeake bay and see the highlights of the Eastern Shore on a private trip, complete with catered meals and a fully stocked onboard bar. Life doesn’t get much better than sundowners on deck with the breeze in your hair.
* Our stay was provided by Inn at Perry Cabin
All photos courtesy of Inn at Perry Cabin