InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort
In a Nutshell:
Arguably Intercontinental Hotel Group’s most luxurious resort in the world, the Intercontinental Sun Peninsula is nestled in a private bay, amid the hills of the Son Tra Peninsula – also known as the Mythical Monkey Mountain. The resort’s landscape of lush gardens, pristine beach and gorgeous ocean/jungle views are spectacular.
EDITOR'S TIP: Close your terrace doors and do not leave food out in your room unless you’d like some monkey guests. If you're lucky you'll spot the Red Shanked Douc, which many consider the world’s most beautiful primate.
The Style: The Sun Peninsula was built by Bangkok-based architect Bill Bensley, whose design philosophy was “the more odd, the better.” The property’s black lacquered wood and white tiles reflect the grandeur of Vietnamese temples.
Why We Love It:
- Breakfast at Citron, which is high on the hill with views of the mountain and bay from unique booths shaped like traditional Non La Hats
- The Long Bar, with its beach day beds overlooking the beach and ocean
- The Tram, which takes you slowly from the beach to the highest point of the resort with magnificent views
- The ancient City of Hoi An is roughly 20 miles from the resort
- It’s the only resort to have its own exclusive airport lounge at Danang Airport
The Unmissable Experience:
Do not miss Danang Food Tour. Shaun, the owner and guide, is from Southern California but has lived in Vietnam for more than a decade, and speaks the language very well. You will eat all the local spots (as many as you have time and hunger for) for $50 or less.
Perks When You Book Through Us:
- Upgrade upon arrival (subject to availability)
- Daily Buffet breakfast for two guests per bedroom at Citron
- $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage (including La Maison 1888) or Harnn Heritage Spa or Bastien Gonzalez Studio credit during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out (subject to availability)
- For Club Peninsula Suite, Penthouse and/or 1,2,3 Bedroom Villas (Penthouses & Villas with private pool) bookings: Roundtrip airport transfers including access to our private Sun Peninsula airport lounges per room per stay
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout the resort
- For minimum consecutive 4 night stay, 1/2 day tour of Hoi An tour with guide and transportation and InterContinental exclusive bag. Also, 4th night free through Dec 19 2020
(*perks are subject to change)
All photos courtesy of InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort